Looking for a Good Family Movie?
About a month ago, I jammed about the trials and tribulations we have as parents trying to find good family movies on TV that everyone in the family can enjoy. I recommended P&G and Walmart’s “Family Movie Night” because of its content specifically geared to delivering what parents look for in a family movie.
I don’t watch a lot of TV, nor do I watch very many movies with my kids. I prefer to take the kids out to the playground, play games with them, build Lego houses, bridges, and towers with them, and read to them. Above all, I make sure the kids get plenty of exercise and creative play time before sitting down to watch a family movie.
I enjoy a good movie as much as the next guy. The problem I have though, is that it is REALLY hard to find a good movie that everyone in my family will enjoy, and that won’t scare the kids (my kids happen to be very sensitive to any scary characters or situations in movies).
And I am not alone in my search for good quality family movie options.
As I mentioned in my family movie jams, Walmart and P&G conducted some cool research that reveals parents are quite keen on finding good family entertainment options.
Here are some of their findings:
- 94 percent of parents surveyed said it’s extremely or very important that their families spend time together and entertainment is a primary way their families get together.
- 81 percent said they enjoy watching movies with their families and 75 percent enjoy watching TV together.
- 69 percent of moms said they wish there were more family-friendly TV programs that they can enjoy with their kids.
- 75 percent of moms admitted to having to change the channel because of inappropriate content in a program they thought was family-friendly.
- 71 of parents would go out of their way to find family-friendly TV programs.
If you are similar to the majority of those parents surveyed, and are at your wits end (like me) because you can’t find any family-friendly movies that meet your stringent criteria, one option you have is to expand your selection. You can check out http://www.SatelliteTVFamily.com/ for a few options regarding movie channels and programs that come with Satellite TV. Through these options, you can gain access to complete libraries of family movies. Having more options might help you to find some family movies that are just right for you and your family.
And again, don’t forget to balance out your family movie time with family sports time, family game time, family crafts time, family story time, and family dinner time too! The more things you can do as a family, the better!
What do you think? How do you like to get your family entertainment?
Return to Parenting – The Dad Jam Home
Note: SatelliteTVFamily.com provided sponsorship for this post, however the opinions expressed in this post are mine.
Popularity: 3% [?]