Favourite moments and developments of the first six weeks
Our newborn daughter is not so newborn anymore. She is now six-weeks-old-born, and I am left staring at the rearview mirror, wondering where the time went. Needless to say, she has grown significantly during this time, and has even more personality now than ever before. (I would say her personality during the first week or so could have been described as “Avid sleeper that enjoys long naps in the sun with the occassional break for some good quality breastmilk.”) Now that six weeks have gone by, I can say a bit more.
My favourite moments include:
- Carrying her in our sling and either going for a coffee or lying down and sleeping while doing so
- Her first smile
- The first time she smiled at me
- Carrying her around and her falling asleep on my shoulder
- Our boy giving her hugs and kisses
- Basically every waking and sleeping moment!
Some notable developments:
- She is more and more alert
- She smiles more and more
- She is really great with tummy time
- She has gained really good head control and can lift and move her head during tummy time
- She makes many new and sweet cooing sounds every day
We are really proud of her and are looking forward to more. I will keep you updated on how things go. If she starts to read the newspaper anytime soon, you will see a posting here immediately, as well as in the New York Times.
Hope this quick article was helpful for you to know a little bit about what you can expect during the first six weeks of your newborn’s development. Keep in mind that all babies are different and so will have different development milestones at different times. Since my baby takes after me, she may be a bit ahead of the pack
Popularity: 2% [?]